Member since: Apr 2015 • Company Status: LTD
Services: Portable PE, sports and games equipment
Regions: UK wide
Recommending School: None provided
Smooga is the original, award winning, portable, smart multi-use games area for playgrounds or playing fields.
We focus on making your outside space work for everyone. How? By providing primary schools with our unique, portable smoogas (Smart Multi Use Games Areas). Modular smooga panels fit together to allow you to optimise the use of your outside space, creating exciting arenas and zones - dedicated areas for different types of sport. They are also great at helping to reduce playtime conflict.
The benefit of Smooga compared to other multi-use games areas is its flexibility and portability. It isn’t constructed with fixed panelling meaning that it can….
- be moved around and set up where you need it
- change its shape or size according to how you want to use it
- adapt to be used for all sorts of sports - football, hockey, handball and many other PE games and sports.
- You don’t have to make an arena. Some schools use the modular panels as separating walls for zoning.
- When not being used for sport, some of our customers have used it for segmenting the school car park and controlling the flow of crowds at Sports Day or School Fairs.
- It's safe. Smooga is designed to be robust enough to withstand the pressure of being pushed or fallen against.
- It has no sharp edges or trip hazards.
- It can be left out all year round – or taken apart and stored away if you prefer.
- 01865 301917
- 07814 454368
- Longmead, 56a Abingdon Road, Standlake, Oxfordshire, OX29 7RQ
Trade Bodies & Memberships
ERA Supplier of the Year 2015 (under £1m turnover)
Buying Clubs/Consortia Membership
“There have been a number of differences as a result of the smooga. Younger children now have space to play sports; and arguments and disagreements have stopped. Previously, teachers would spend the first 30 minutes after lunch trying to resolve issues caused in the playground and the space was also dominated by older children.”
Alison Townsend, Head Teacher, Emneth Primary School
“We use the smooga for football, hockey and netball. We have also created a maze for the children which they absolutely loved. There are less accidents now we have the smooga in terms of bumped heads of children in addition to staff who have lunch time duty. I would say the smooga helps to facilitate at least 80 per cent more teaching time and is the best investment we’ve made for the school in a long time.”
Marie Chadwick, Business Manager, Garswood Primary School